Thursday, April 16, 2009

UPDATE

I thought instead of whining today, I would give you an update on the latest and greatest of my osmotic thoughts and plans. To Date:


1. God's Elixir- Yep, I am cured! I think I have only had a few sips since I gave it up. I have no cravings, and don't care to partake anymore. It is miracle. A few of those sips were like "toxic swill" and some were good. No matter. I don't buy it or drink it anymore. The side effects are that I don't seem to crave sweets as much, and I am not so jittery. However, I still have anxiety and I thought that was all Diet Coke driven. Guess not.

2. My hair is growing, but not soon enough. I hate my new short "do". Most of the time, I pull it back, just like I always did.

3. Osmosis- yep, still getting "osmotics", I'm thinking about "split it", but so far haven't put that into action.


4. Think Fruit is working great. I am eating way more fruit. I try to eat fruit three times a day. The good effect is of course, digestive, and it's disgusting to say anything more about that. Also, the craving for sweets is WAY down, since the fruit takes care of most of that. Another benefit is that I am partaking of way more veggies. Fruit and veggies are friends!


5. Take two is working for obvious things, two strips of bacon or sausage (not both and not four)or two items at a fast-food place. Take two is not working so great with take two potato chips, or 2 teaspoons of fatty-fatty two-by four dip. I may need to think about ugh "portion control", but I'm not there yet. I think I'll eat a cookie. In fact, I think I'll eat two.

6. My favorite things HAVE CHANGED. Yes, I still love fatty-fatty two by four dip, but I haven't been to Del Taco, or Carl's or McDonalds on a regular basis. I have been a few times, mind you, but not on a regular basis and that is another real miracle. Listen to this, I will only say it one time, I BRING MY LUNCH TO WORK! I can't believe it either. I either make a sandwich or indulge and buy a salad at Trader Joe's. Also, I have been scoping out Farmer's Markets, even if they have been a little more expensive, because the crap at the super's is just that, crap.

7. Most of my eating companions have been me, myself, and I, but I treasure the time I spend with thine. Invite me out! I'll eat anything.

8. My poor bike is still sitting in the living room. It is no longer a respository for all kinds of towels and clothes because my roomie and cousin, Chris, won't put up with the mess. She is on a cleaning kick which I applaud. However, I have been walking a lot, which I will blog about soon.

9. I am not evolved enough to not get on the scale, however it was getting ridiculous, as I was hopping on like a bunny, 3 or 4 times a day. I've put it away and am vowing to only check once on the 15th of each month. For those of you, also not evolved, I've lost about 10 lbs, give or take a potato chip or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment